Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme: A program called MSRTC Free Bus Travel Scheme was started by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 25 August 2022 to provide transport service to senior residents. Now transport service is being provided to senior citizens by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Eknath Shinde ji, this program will benefit the citizens of the state to a great extent. Today in this article we will get detailed information about the MSRTC Free Travel Scheme launched by the Government of Maharashtra.
Apart from this, we will also know what is the purpose of starting Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme, what important documents are required in this, and how citizens can get the benefits of this scheme.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
A new transport system named MSRTC Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme has been announced by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Eknath Shinde through a message on Twitter. This scheme has been started especially for senior citizens. In addition, elderly people will be provided free travel in MSRTC buses as part of this program.
On the occasion of the 75th Independence Day of India, 1.5 lakh senior citizens of Maharashtra state at least 75 years of age will be provided the benefit of this scheme. Under this, by August 26, 2022, all citizens above 75 years of age aboard MSRTC buses will be given their amount. Maharashtra Free Bus Travel Scheme has been started by the state government because MSRTC has many buses in the state, and these buses are well-equipped and clean.
All these buses are known as the cleanest buses in the state of Maharashtra. Apart from this, about 200 new air-conditioned electric buses will be included in the route from Mumbai to Pune by the state government. Apart from this, MSRTC currently has contracts for more than 16,000 buses and these buses used to carry about 65 lakh people daily in March 2020 before the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, then all these buses would have had a very good reputation and looks. which are still intact today.
Overview of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
|Scheme Name||MSRTC Free Travel Scheme|
|Launched By||By Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde|
|Beneficiaries||Senior Citizen of Maharashtra State|
|Objective||Financial assistance to older citizens|
|Benefits||Financial assistance will be provided to older citizens|
|Category||Maharashtra Government Schemes|
Objectives of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
The main objective of MSRTC Free Bus Travel Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the senior citizens of the state of Maharashtra, this scheme has been started by the government especially for senior citizens. However, due to challenges like the covid pandemic and inflation, it has become extremely difficult to make a living for such senior citizens, who are extremely unable to do any work to earn money. Keeping all these situations in mind, Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme has been started by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, through this scheme, senior citizens will be provided free travel, this will benefit senior citizens to a great extent and they will be self-reliant. And you can become stronger.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Launched by Maharashtra Government
It has been announced by the Maharashtra State Government Transport Corporation that the system of free travel by citizens above 75 years of age in their buses will be started from Friday. Under this, it has been said by the Vice President and General Manager of MSRTC, a transport undertaking being operated by a person that all those citizens who are eligible to get free travel under this scheme will be given their fare back.
It will be provided to citizens by whom tickets were booked before 26 August. Apart from this, the scheme was tweeted by Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Friday. This scheme has been started to provide benefits of free travel schemes to about 1.5 lakh citizens on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of the country. Apart from this, it has also been said by the Chief Minister that citizens of 65 to 75 years of age. Any citizen who wants to get the benefit of this scheme will need to show an Aadhar card, PAN card, driving license etc., after that they will get the benefit of this scheme.
How to Get Benefit of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
- Any person who wants to be eligible to get the benefits of the transport system, for this they have to first provide their identity proof.
- Apart from this, when the necessary documents are provided by the citizens, they are given concession in bus fare.
- In addition to this, it was also stated that MSRTC’s city buses would not have access to this facility and that the travel of these buses would be convenient and accessible only within the limits.
Benefits of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
- In Maharashtra, this scheme is being started by the Chief Minister with the goal of providing financial assistance to all the senior residents of the state, this program is based on a previous basic principle.
- In addition to this, under the MSRTC Free Travel Scheme, passengers boarding MSRTC buses will be able to use the free travel service by presenting the necessary identity proof.
- Under this, not all passengers in MSRTC buses will have access to the privileged service, besides traveling in these buses is not accessible at all outside the state borders.
- Under this scheme, passengers in the age group of 65 to 75 years will be eligible to get a 50 percent discount on the price of their bus tickets for certain routes and services provided by MSRTC.
- In view of the cabinet meeting held a day after Independence Day under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav by Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, it has been announced to provide free travel to senior citizens who are 75 years of age and above.
Eligibility of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
- The citizen wishing to get the benefit under this should be a resident of Maharashtra state and the country of India.
- Only senior citizens between the age of 65 and 75 are eligible to get the benefit of MSRTC Free Travel Scheme.
- Its beneficiary will have to travel only in MSRTC buses, only then they will be provided the benefit of this scheme.
- Along with this, these buses should travel within the state limits.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Required Documents
- Identity card
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Mobile number
Facts of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
- According to official sources, citizens wishing to get benefits under this scheme will have to identify documents like Aadhar card, PAN card, driving license, voter card, etc., after which they will be provided the benefit of free travel facility in ST buses.
- Apart from this, MSRTC does not have any special privileges on city buses, under which travel can be done only within the state limits.
- To take advantage of this scheme, the age of 65 to 75 years has been fixed by the state government. People 65 years of age will be provided a 50 percent discount in case of purchase of tickets at select types of facilities operated by MSRT.
- An announcement was made by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde, on the occasion of Independence Day, which is celebrated as Amrit Mahotsav this time, during the cabinet meeting on that day, free travel of buses for older citizens.
At present, MSRTC has a fleet of more than 16000 buses and before the onset of the Kovid-19 epidemic, in March 2020, about 6500000 passengers used to travel every day through these buses.
Recently, MSRTC has decided to start about 100 new air-conditioned and pollution-free electric buses on Mumbai-Pune route. All the citizens of the state can get it easily.