Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022: It has been made mandatory by the central government for every couple in the country to register their marriage and obtain a marriage certificate. In this direction, the Punjab Government has also started a service called Punjab Marriage Certificate, through which newly married couples of the state can get a certificate as a proof of their marriage. Interested couples of the state can get their marriage certificate made after 1 month of their marriage by applying online or offline under Marriage Certificate Punjab. Today we will share with you all the necessary information related to Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022 through this article.
Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022
Punjab Marriage Certificate is an initiative started by the state government of Punjab, under which a marriage certificate is provided to the married couple of the state. Marriage certificate is an important document, which acts as a proof of marriage and this certificate can also be used to obtain various types of documents like immigration, visa, name change in PAN etc. An official portal has been started by the state government by making Marriage Certificate Punjab available online for the convenience of the citizens of the state. Through this portal, interested citizens of the state can easily apply online for Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022 from home without having to go to any government office.
- With this facility available online, both the time and money of the citizens will be saved and there will also be transparency in the system. Let us tell you that this certificate is provided to the citizens after getting them registered for marriage.
- Along with this, citizens have to register after one month of marriage to get this certificate. If a couple does not get their marriage certificate after marriage, then that couple will have to pay a fine of Rs 2 per day.
Overview of Marriage Certificate Punjab
|Article About||Punjab Marriage Certificate|
|Launched By||By Government of Punjab|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the State|
|Objective||To Provide Marriage Certificate|
|Category||Punjab Government Schemes|
Objective of Punjab Marriage Certificate
The main objective of Marriage Certificate Punjab launched by the state government is to provide marriage certificates to the married couples of Punjab after their marriage. Now it has been made mandatory for married couples in India to get a marriage certificate, irrespective of the religion or age they belong to. This certificate will be especially useful for women, through which women can get rid of problems like domestic violence, child marriage, cheating in marriage, divorce etc. With the help of marriage certificates issued by the Women’s Commission, atrocities on women will be prevented and social security will also be provided to them. Along with this, women will also get justice.
With the help of Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022, the citizens of the state can register their marriage as per their wish, either online or offline. In addition, if citizens do not register for their marriage certificate, they will have to pay a fine for it.
Under Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022, married couples will have to apply only after 30 days of their marriage to get the certificate of marriage. If the married couple does not apply for marriage registration, then in this case they will have to pay a fine. They will have to pay this fine at the rate of Rs.2 per day to the marriage registration officer.
Benefits and Features of Punjab Marriage Certificate
- It has been made mandatory by the Government of India for every married citizen of all religions of the country to obtain a marriage certificate after marriage.
- The Marriage Certificate Punjab initiative has been started by the state government of Punjab, under which the married couples of the state are provided the facility to get the marriage certificate made.
- This certificate serves as a proof of marriage, which is an essential legal and government document.
- Married couples of the state need to apply after 1 month of their marriage to get this document.
- This certificate can also be used by the citizen for making various types of necessary government documents, such as immigration, visa, passport, name change in PAN, etc.
- If a married couple does not get the marriage certificate after their marriage, then that couple will have to pay a fine of Rs 2 per day as late fee.
- This marriage certificate acts as a legal document as proof of marriage, through which the marriage of the married couple gets legal recognition.
- Married couples of the state can easily open their joint account in the bank with the help of Punjab Marriage Certificate.
- Marriage certificate document can also be used to prevent child marriage.
- During the making of marriage certificate, if the officer finds out that you have been legally married at a young age, then you will be eligible for punishment.
- Such a willing married woman who wants to change her surname after marriage can easily change her name in other documents using this certificate.
- If the husband of the married woman is a resident of another country, then in this case she can get the citizenship of that country with the help of a marriage certificate.
- Along with this, if the husband of the married woman dies due to any reason after marriage, then in this situation the wife will get all the legal rights.
- Apart from this, the wife can get a monthly allowance with the help of a marriage certificate in case of any inconvenient matter between husband and wife later.
- For the convenience of the citizens of the state, the Punjab government has started an official portal related to this initiative.
- Through this portal, interested citizens of the state can apply for their marriage certificate in online mode.
- With the availability of Punjab Marriage Certificate online, citizens will no longer need to visit any government office or department to obtain a marriage certificate.
- Married couples can now apply for a marriage certificate sitting at home, which will save both their time and money as well as bring transparency in the system.
Eligibility Criteria for Marriage Certificate Punjab
To get the benefits under any government program or initiative, candidates are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria related to that initiative. Similarly, in order to avail the benefits under the Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022 launched by the Punjab Government, it will be mandatory for the applicants to fulfill the following eligibility criteria set by the state government:-
- To obtain a Punjab Marriage Certificate, either the bride or the bridegroom or one of them must be a permanent resident of Punjab.
- Applicants have to register their marriage after one month of their marriage.
- To obtain this certificate, the age of the groom should be 21 years or more and the age of the bride should be 18 years or more.
- If either of the bride or groom is a divorcee, then it will be mandatory for them to give a divorce certificate.
- Along with this, in case of remarriage, it will be necessary to submit the death certificate of the spouse.
Interested married couples of the state who want to get a marriage certificate by registering their marriage under the Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022 initiative launched by the Punjam government, they will be required to submit the following documents at the time of application:-
- Aadhar card of bride and groom
- A picture of both bride and groom (at the time of marriage)
- Wedding Invitation Card
- Passport size photograph of bride and groom
- Two witnesses present at the time of marriage and complete information about them i.e. their identity card
- Age Certificate of both bride and groom
- Residential certificate where the girl previously resided
- Certificate attested by the officer if the bride wants to change her name after marriage
- No objection certificate by the Embassy of the foreign country, if married abroad
- If any of the bride and groom has divorced before, then they should first get their divorce documents
Procedure to Apply Online for Punjab Marriage Certificate
Such interested citizens of Punjab who want to apply online to get their marriage certificate under the Marriage Certificate Punjab started by the state government, it will be mandatory to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Punjab Government, India. Now the home page of the website will be displayed on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Services” given in the menu bar. After this a drop down box will open in front of you.
- You have to click on the option of “Forms” from the options given in this drop down box. Now a new page will open in front of you.
- On this new page, you will have to click on the option of “Marriage Certificate” from the options of various forms given.
- Now the marriage certificate application form will be displayed on your screen. You have to enter the details of all the required information asked in this application form.
- After that you have to upload all the required documents. Now you have to click on the option of “Submit”.
- Now your online application for marriage certificate will be done successfully, after which you can get your marriage certificate from the district officer after a few days.
Procedure to Apply Offline for Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022
- First of all you have to go to the municipality office in your area. Now you have to get the application form for marriage certificate from the office.
- After this, you will have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in this application form, such as:- Your name, mobile number, email id etc.
- Now you have to attach all the required documents along with the application form. After that you have to submit this application form along with attached documents in the same municipality office.
- In this way you can apply for a marriage certificate offline, after which you will get a marriage certificate from the municipality office after a few days.